Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 78

Thread: SDG Radio does not play DAB/DAB+

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Barcelona
    Age
    52
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    68923

    Re: Απ: SDG Radio does not play DAB/DAB+

    Quote Originally Posted by athoik View Post
    Eg. Translation changes is one commit, and that commit requires changes to translation files, @mcelliot, can you help to create PR?
    AFAIK, this plugin is only translated into greek, so here I can't help...

    Quote Originally Posted by athoik View Post
    Then I see the tcp mode in dab, when enabled it will connect to tcp server. But modulation will be dab, not dab_tcp.
    I don't understand exactly what you mean. Visual indications ?
    DAB in RTL_TCP is another "mode", on red key.
    You can have one DAB in USB and one in RTL_TCP, settings are different.

    FM => NFM => AM => LSB => USB => DAB => RTL TCP => I/Q File => FM......

    Quote Originally Posted by athoik View Post
    Finally I am still sceptic about raw mode.

    It is really experimental change that affects really a lot of code.
    It's the way how some people (MCElliot) will see "dab" working in the plugin, while they don't have VHF Band III signals near them.
    A lot of code... yes, you are right !!!!
    I could have made it simpler..... yes, I could have forced filename to be called ZZZZ.iq and located at /media/usb ,..... but I preferred to do something with a more "professional" style......
    Now you can have several .iq files in a folder and "play" with them....

    Quote Originally Posted by athoik View Post
    For a coder / skinner is great mod, but not for average user.
    Yes, but if you don't enable any of these 2 options (TCP or RAW. which by default they start disabled), plugin is working like previous versions. You see no difference.
    And all configuration values (host, pòrt, ppm..) are hidden too.






    Besides, If any is disabled, it doesn't even appear on different modes when pressing red toggle key.,
    So no changes to "normal" users.
    ... And if you are f.i. in TCP Mode, and you go to menu and disable it..... when going back to main screen, it jumps to next available mode.

    But from my point of view......a "normal" user, doesn't have a RTL-SDR usb receiver, and doesn't connect to an enigma receiver....
    Please Test plugin.py (and utils.py) on box and you'll see...
    Last edited by jpuigs; 24-04-20 at 19:34.
    Lower Dishes: 53/52'5/52 - 45 - 42 - 39 - 28'2 - 26/25'5 - 23'5 - 19'2 - 13 - 9 - 7 - 3 - East <------> West - 1 - 27'5 - 30
    Upper Dishes: 36 - 30'5 - 21'6 - 16 - 10 - 4'8 - East <------> West - 4/5 - 7/8 - 12'5 - 15
    Diseqc switches

    Xtrend ET 10000 -- Octagon SF8008 4K TWIN S2X -- DM7020 HD (CardServer)

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    10,118
    Rep Power
    5927680

    Απ: SDG Radio does not play DAB/DAB+

    Dab is an modulation, Dab over tcp is not a new modulation, it's just dab received over tcp.

    So it can work under dab modulation.

    If dab:
    If tcp enabled: then dab_tcp
    Else: dab from USB.
    Member SatDreamGr Projects

    Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
    Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Barcelona
    Age
    52
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    68923

    Re: SDG Radio does not play DAB/DAB+

    I still don't understand what you mean.
    Of course DAB (or FM or NFM.....) over TCP is not a modulation. but what is wrong ??????
    Lower Dishes: 53/52'5/52 - 45 - 42 - 39 - 28'2 - 26/25'5 - 23'5 - 19'2 - 13 - 9 - 7 - 3 - East <------> West - 1 - 27'5 - 30
    Upper Dishes: 36 - 30'5 - 21'6 - 16 - 10 - 4'8 - East <------> West - 4/5 - 7/8 - 12'5 - 15
    Diseqc switches

    Xtrend ET 10000 -- Octagon SF8008 4K TWIN S2X -- DM7020 HD (CardServer)

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    10,118
    Rep Power
    5927680

    Απ: Re: SDG Radio does not play DAB/DAB+

    Quote Originally Posted by jpuigs View Post
    I still don't understand what you mean.
    Of course DAB (or FM or NFM.....) over TCP is not a modulation. but what is wrong ??????
    Nothing wrong!

    Your changes are certainly working, i don't doubt about that.

    Your changes also introduce some new great ideas/features.


    Although I would like not to introduce new modes, dab_tcp and dab_raw (yes, i know code already handles that by disabling the modes, so simple users wont see them)

    But, I believe those modes should be under dab.

    Especially for dab_raw, it adds a lot of complexity to the code, I would prefer to leave it out, or make less changes on UI to support dab_raw.


    Hopefully I will get some time in the weekend to merge parts of your PR.


    Don't worry I'll provide the credits for your changes.
    Member SatDreamGr Projects

    Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
    Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

  5. #65

    Απ: SDG Radio does not play DAB/DAB+

    DAB_TCP is interesting indeed, but in a way that we could enable the EDI streams we get from satellite or websites to play within the plugin the very same way dablin decodes the data on a Linux PC.
    RAW file is essential for playing offline dab, and since the plugin is capable of handling these, I don't see why it shouldn't be enabled for advanced users. For what is worth, is a plus bonus.

    After Tuesday (I'll be very busy this weekend with university), if I manage to play DAB, I'll see for the new widgets.
    However I'm also interested for a way that a selectable channels list can appear as a widget in the UI as well. If this is possible (and I believe it is), then I'll redo the GUI to fit that as well.
    GlamourAuraFHD skin - The vengeance of color
    For OpenPLI/SDG images:
    https://github.com/MCelliotG/GlamourAuraFHD-skin
    For OpenATV/OE-A images: https://github.com/MCelliotG/GlamourAuraFHD-ATV-skin

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Barcelona
    Age
    52
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    68923

    Re: SDG Radio does not play DAB/DAB+

    I think selectable ch list is possible, too, but it has to be investigated....
    I don't know which parts of all changes I've done he will merge, but if RAW file part is not enabled I can give it to you (plugin.py and utils.py) , so you can check DAB offline.
    Or you can "take them" from current PR which is paused.

    These are all things I've modified:

    - FM gain has now "auto" option added.
    - Other bands automatic gain is working. Configuration was wrong, given parameter was wrong.
    - DAB/DAB+ gain has now an individual setting (split from previous one called "Tuner gain for other bands and DAB") .
    - 2 new DAB "modes" (selectable with toggle red key) : RTL-TCP and RAW. And if any of them is not enabled, it doesn't appear when changing modes on red key. So if you disable BOTH ( TCP and RAW) you have same plugin as current version, except for DAB gain new setting.
    - RTL_TCP DAB mode has its own settings for ppm offset and gain value.
    - It is a good option if you have (like me) two USB dongles (one in USB and other by RTL_TCP), and they are different and due to this they have different ppm offset values.
    - Changed some minor things:
    - - color function buttons are hidden, and only are shown when they are needed.
    - - presets are hidden in RAW mode
    - - presets are saved (config.plugins.SDG....) when radio playing is stopped. On current version, they are stored when closing plugin.


    To play EDI (or ETI) streams we happily receive from satellites, they have previously to be converted to I/Q samples before being streamed to dab cmdline.
    And the only tool which I know that does this (maybe exist others...) is ODR-DabMod.
    https://github.com/Opendigitalradio/...bMod/tree/next
    But I don't know if it's possible to compile for enigma.
    Another option would be if we could use the command line version of dablin (not the GTK version), because this tool is the one that reads ETI streams.
    I remember that athoik, two years ago, did a "dablin test" on any enigma box ??
    https://www.satdreamgr.com/forum/sho...l=1#post108753 .
    Lower Dishes: 53/52'5/52 - 45 - 42 - 39 - 28'2 - 26/25'5 - 23'5 - 19'2 - 13 - 9 - 7 - 3 - East <------> West - 1 - 27'5 - 30
    Upper Dishes: 36 - 30'5 - 21'6 - 16 - 10 - 4'8 - East <------> West - 4/5 - 7/8 - 12'5 - 15
    Diseqc switches

    Xtrend ET 10000 -- Octagon SF8008 4K TWIN S2X -- DM7020 HD (CardServer)

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    10,118
    Rep Power
    5927680

    Απ: SDG Radio does not play DAB/DAB+

    First commit that fixes translations commited: https://github.com/satdreamgr/SDGRad...17db1e605099b2

    (instructions included in case you need to update translations in the future)
    Member SatDreamGr Projects

    Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
    Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

  8. #68

    Re: Απ: SDG Radio does not play DAB/DAB+

    After the last update via feed, DAB no longer works. The plugin always crashes on my SF4008.

    The crash log says:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 57, in action
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/SDGRadio/plugin.py", line 508, in selectFreq
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/SDGRadio/plugin.py", line 363, in playRadio
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/SDGRadio/plugin.py", line 460, in getDabGain
    AttributeError: 'SDGRadioScreen' object has no attribute 'dabgain'

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Barcelona
    Age
    52
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    68923

    Re: SDG Radio does not play DAB/DAB+

    In mod. code I published, it worked.... but the problem is that it hasn't been fully applied......... and this line has not been added.

    Code:
    self.dabgain = config.plugins.SDGRadio.dabgain.value
    in line 323, on def getConfigOptions(self)

    ....
    Lower Dishes: 53/52'5/52 - 45 - 42 - 39 - 28'2 - 26/25'5 - 23'5 - 19'2 - 13 - 9 - 7 - 3 - East <------> West - 1 - 27'5 - 30
    Upper Dishes: 36 - 30'5 - 21'6 - 16 - 10 - 4'8 - East <------> West - 4/5 - 7/8 - 12'5 - 15
    Diseqc switches

    Xtrend ET 10000 -- Octagon SF8008 4K TWIN S2X -- DM7020 HD (CardServer)

  10. #70

    Απ: SDG Radio does not play DAB/DAB+

    So, will you send me any .iq files, so I can start working on these widgets?
    GlamourAuraFHD skin - The vengeance of color
    For OpenPLI/SDG images:
    https://github.com/MCelliotG/GlamourAuraFHD-skin
    For OpenATV/OE-A images: https://github.com/MCelliotG/GlamourAuraFHD-ATV-skin

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Το απόλυτο fair-play του Κασίγιας
    By jogatore in forum Αθλητική Ενημέρωση
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-12, 15:35
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-12, 07:55
  3. Πρόγραμμα αγώνων play off της Σούπερ Λιγκ
    By korn in forum Αθλητική Ενημέρωση
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-04-11, 20:29
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-04-11, 17:18
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-11, 09:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •