
Originally Posted by
jpuigs
There are things to improve... but it's working !!!
Let me know your opinion about some things to improve, I've already done some of them , but others I can't (unless somebody explain me how to compile c++ programs for enigma boxes).
1- I've already added a configurable PPM offset value for TCP USB stick, because in case you work with different ones (I do) , you don't have to be modifying values.
USB stick can have one value, and TCP stick another one.
2 - Split several gain values.
Currently , SDGRadio has two configurable gain values:
FM : from 0 to 50
DAB and other bands : from 0 to 50 , and auto
I've also already added a configurable gain value for TCP USB Stick,
But, I wonder one thing... why doesn't FM have an automatic value configuration ?
If you don't set -g variable in rtl_fm commandline, it does auto gain.
Console log show it, and I have checked it works.
Code:
Tuner gain set to automatic.
Besides, automatic gain for "other bands" doesn't work, because it gets the parameter "-g automatic" ,and it isn't recognised by the rtl_fm commandline. It gets gain 0 when setting to automatic.
Code:
Tuner gain set to 0.00 dB.
Like in FM, If you don't set -g parameter in rtl_fm commandline, it does auto gain, checked.
So, I would configure four different gain values:
FM
DAB
Other bands , AM ,SB, NFM
RTL TCP DAB
and you ??
3- Most people will only use FM and DAB radio modes.
You could see in yesterday's video, that I had set an ON/OFF RTLTCP general switch.
It was created not only to hide/show next RTL configuration values, but also to enable/disable switching from main screen by pressing red button.
FM
NFM
AM
LSB
USB
DAB
RTL
If RTL parameter is switched off, FM goes next to DAB instead of RTL going next to DAB.
I would configure to enable/disable AM SB's and NFM modes too.
So when people don't really use it, switching from DAB to FM with red key will be faster.
4- That's the one I can't do.
Changing RTL TCP DAB frequency makes conection close and open again.
Code:
Using device 0: Generic RTL2832U OEM
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
[R82XX] PLL not locked!
Tuned to 100000000 Hz.
listening...
Use the device argument 'rtl_tcp=192.168.0.13:1234' in OsmoSDR (gr-osmosdr) source
to receive samples in GRC and control rtl_tcp parameters (frequency, gain, ...).
client accepted! 192.168.0.14 42704
set sample rate 2048000
set freq 195936000
set gain mode 0
set gain 70
set freq correction 68
worker socket bye
Signal caught, exiting!
comm recv bye
Signal caught, exiting!
all threads dead..
listening...
Use the device argument 'rtl_tcp=192.168.0.13:1234' in OsmoSDR (gr-osmosdr) source
to receive samples in GRC and control rtl_tcp parameters (frequency, gain, ...).
client accepted! 192.168.0.14 42706
set sample rate 2048000
set freq 218640000
set gain mode 0
set gain 70
set freq correction 68
worker socket bye
Signal caught, exiting!
comm recv bye
Signal caught, exiting!
all threads dead..
listening...
Use the device argument 'rtl_tcp=192.168.0.13:1234' in OsmoSDR (gr-osmosdr) source
to receive samples in GRC and control rtl_tcp parameters (frequency, gain, ...).
In yesterday's video, at 2:17 you can see that I tried to change DAB channel, and I had to press green button three times, because when asking for another freq. the server wasn't still ready (because of disconnecting and starting to listen again mode...)
Other DAB client programs, they don't kill connection, and just send frequency to server.
Then zapping is really faster and problemless.
Code:
client accepted! 192.168.0.2 50066
set sample rate 2048000
set freq 218640000
set freq 195936000
So I think that something inside cpp code should be changed to enable this improved working mode.... don't you ??
That's all.
What do you think ?
I've already applied to my current mod py file the last changes you've already done this evening to SDGRadio py code (PCM => default ON , RTL_EEPROM on exit.)
I see that the cmdline pacaked have been updated to git 343, but the ones you gave me yesterday were git 353
Code:
dab-cmdline-sdgradio - 1.3-r0
dab-cmdline-sdgradio-aac - 1.3+git343+22152fa-r0
dab-cmdline-sdgradio-pcm - 1.3+git343+22152fa-r0
dab-cmdline-sdgradio-raw-aac - 1.3+git343+22152fa-r0
dab-cmdline-sdgradio-raw-pcm - 1.3+git343+22152fa-r0
dab-cmdline-sdgradio-rtltcp-aac - 1.3+git343+22152fa-r0
dab-cmdline-sdgradio-rtltcp-pcm - 1.3+git343+22152fa-r0