Thread: SatDreamGr 8 image for octagon sf8008 with multiboot support

SatDreamGr 8 image for octagon sf8008 with multiboot support

SatDreamGr 8 image for octagon sf8008 with multiboot support

you can find in our repository our new version SDG8 for octagon sf8008 , including multiboot support

Use the image with the date 20200408 and latest

New kernel and drivers have been added into the software, where the receivers flash is splitted into 4 partitions, so you don't need an sd card to use multiboot.

* important clarifications

important 1

due to the changes that exist, but will also be made on your device, it is necessary to install the software on scratch, using a usb stick (and not through the internal installer).

for those who don't remember,

. download the software (the full version and not the multiboot), decompress it and transfer the content to a usb stick formatted in fat32. (inside you must have 4 .bin files)
    .power off the receiver from the power switch and plug the stick on usb 3.0 port
    . press the standby button on the receiver and turn on the power switch (hold down until the "updt" appears)
    .in the display that appears, select "Flash Programming"

once the process is complete, you can restore settings channels, re-add add-ons etc ...

.now you also have 3 more slot, to install the image of your choice ...

important 2

The mode of operation of multiboot is the same for most receivers on the market (eg edision, zgemma, etc.), but it is new / modified for sf8008. In practice, this means that at present the software of the other teams is not yet compatible, but it will be soon, when the other teams upgrade to the new type of multiboot.
    Last edited by georgeflu; 08-04-20 at 21:52.
    ολα ειναι FLU

Member SatDreamGr Projects

Re: SatDreamGr 8 image for octagon sf8008 with multiboot support

I've installed it, but before that, I've made a manual settings copy with autobackup on the USB stick.
    The image I had was up_to_date.
    When image has been installed, and box has rebooted, it has asked me to autorestore settings, and I've answered "Yes".

Plugins and modules have been installed...... but they've appeared a lot of errors.
    I've noticed that they started appearing when on top bar I could read "Autoinstalling kodi", and all next packages were giving installation error.
    When it has "Finished", I've edited the backup file "autoinstall", and I've deleted these 4 kodi names which appeared there:

enigma2-plugin-extensions-kodi
    kodi
    kodi-addon-inputstream-adaptive
    kodi-addon-inputstream-rtmp

I've tried again the usb update, and it seemed it was working fine, but when autosintalling bar was at 92%, error "134" has appeared again, and it was when Autoinstalling "nss".
    I've deleted "nss" from autoinstall file too, and I've tried it again.
    This last time everything has been restored correctly.
    So I've faced two problems, one on kodi, and another one on "nss".

Now, when installing kodi from plugins, I have these errros too, but it seems it's being installed correctly....

Is it normal ?
    Last edited by jpuigs; 09-04-20 at 01:49.
    Lower Dishes: 53/52'5/52 - 45 - 42 - 39 - 28'2 - 26/25'5 - 23'5 - 19'2 - 13 - 9 - 7 - 3 - East <------> West - 1 - 27'5 - 30
    Upper Dishes: 36 - 30'5 - 21'6 - 16 - 10 - 4'8 - East <------> West - 4/5 - 7/8 - 12'5 - 15
    Diseqc switches

Xtrend ET 10000 -- Octagon SF8008 4K TWIN S2X -- DM7020 HD (CardServer)

Απ: Re: SatDreamGr 8 image for octagon sf8008 with multiboot support

Quote Originally Posted by jpuigs View Post
    I've installed it, but before that, I've made a manual settings copy with autobackup on the USB stick.
    The image I had was up_to_date.
    When image has been installed, and box has rebooted, it has asked me to autorestore settings, and I've answered "Yes".

Plugins and modules have been installed...... but they've appeared a lot of errors.
    I've noticed that they started appearing when on top bar I could read "Autoinstalling kodi", and all next packages were giving installation error.
    When it has "Finished", I've edited the backup file "autoinstall", and I've deleted these 4 kodi names which appeared there:

enigma2-plugin-extensions-kodi
    kodi
    kodi-addon-inputstream-adaptive
    kodi-addon-inputstream-rtmp

I've tried again the usb update, and it seemed it was working fine, but when autosintalling bar was at 92%, error "134" has appeared again, and it was when Autoinstalling "nss".
    I've deleted "nss" from autoinstall file too, and I've tried it again.
    This last time everything has been restored correctly.
    So I've faced two problems, one on kodi, and another one on "nss".

Now, when installing kodi from plugins, I have these errros too, but it seems it's being installed correctly....

Is it normal ?
    nss after installing runs this command: signlibs.sh

What happens if you manually run signlibs.sh from command line.

Install manually the nss (opkg install nss) if it's not installed.
    Member SatDreamGr Projects

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
    Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Απ: Re: SatDreamGr 8 image for octagon sf8008 with multiboot support

Quote Originally Posted by athoik View Post
    nss after installing runs this command: signlibs.sh

What happens if you manually run signlibs.sh from command line.

Install manually the nss (opkg install nss) if it's not installed.
    Nothing.

Code:
    root@sf8008:~# signlibs.sh
    root@sf8008:~#
    Code:
    root@sf8008:~# opkg install nss                                                                                         
    No packages installed or removed.                                                                                       
    Configuring nss.
    root@sf8008:~#
    Lower Dishes: 53/52'5/52 - 45 - 42 - 39 - 28'2 - 26/25'5 - 23'5 - 19'2 - 13 - 9 - 7 - 3 - East <------> West - 1 - 27'5 - 30
    Upper Dishes: 36 - 30'5 - 21'6 - 16 - 10 - 4'8 - East <------> West - 4/5 - 7/8 - 12'5 - 15
    Diseqc switches

Xtrend ET 10000 -- Octagon SF8008 4K TWIN S2X -- DM7020 HD (CardServer)

Thread Information