Thread: Problems with blind scan and software management restore

Problems with blind scan and software management restore

I don't know if its just me or if its an image problem with the latest updates.

Couch updated latest image via menu>setup>software management and after 50 packages were installed I rebooted.

Tried blind scan 1-another type and get "it seems manufacturer does not
    support blind scan for this tuner". On both C or Ku bands.

Tried blind scan 2-dreambox type and get "hardware blind scan is not supported by this tuner (Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222))!".

Also, tried to do a settings restore via software management (advanced options>advanced restore), selected appropriate enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz file and selected the restore button and the receiver rebooted without restoring anything.

Flashed Satdreamgr-5-vuduo2-20180712.zip via usb stick, skipped the auto restore and went directly to software management to restore old settings. Receiver rebooted and did not restore settings.

Flashed Satdreamgr-5-vuduo2-20180712.zip via usb stick again, but this time used the auto restore and it upgraded and installed many packages. Rebooted and tried blind scan again and received the same error messages. Tried the settings restore via software management (advanced options>advanced restore) again and receiver rebooted without restoring anything.

Flashed an old 03-18-2018 image backup via usb stick and blind scan and software management restore settings work fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Απ: Problems with blind scan and software management restore

Hi,

I think problem is from that commit: https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2-p...154b1720ed3e91

This line:

if fileExists("/proc/stb/info/vumodel") and fileExists("/etc/init.d/vuplus-platform-util") and not fileExists("/proc/stb/info/hwmodel") and not fileExists("/proc/stb/info/boxtype"):

Should become:

if fileExists("/proc/stb/info/vumodel") and not fileExists("/proc/stb/info/hwmodel") and not fileExists("/proc/stb/info/boxtype"):
    Member SatDreamGr Projects

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
    Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Problems with blind scan and software management restore

Thanks athoik.

So, it works?

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1

Just returned home and changed the code you suggested, but received the attached error message. Blind scan disappeared from the menu>setup>service searching display.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe you type something wrong.

Try this: https://transfer.sh/JkhfX/plugin.py

( I made the change myself)

That one works fine. The patched one I used had 1490 lines and yours has 1526. Later tonight I will compare to see where it is different.
    Thanks again.

Anyone else having a problem with software management (advanced options>advanced restore) not restoring old settings?

Thread Information