Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: RTL-SDR with Enigma2 (SDG Radio)

Re: RTL-SDR with Enigma2

This link seems to be a good source for basic information.

http://kmkeen.com/rtl-demod-guide/index.html

Re: Απ: RTL-SDR with Enigma2

Quote Originally Posted by athoik View Post
    In Europe one of the best choices is Astrometa T2/C!
    I have the astrometa device: is it working on solo2 (3.13.5)? If yes, which kind of driver?

Απ: RTL-SDR with Enigma2

Everything is installed automatically, the command rtl_fm "talks" directly with the tuner using libusb.

So there are no kernel drivers required in order to work with SDGRadio.
    Member SatDreamGr Projects

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
    Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Απ: RTL-SDR with Enigma2

Everything is installed automatically, the command rtl_fm "talks" directly with the tuner using libusb.

So there are no kernel drivers required in order to work with SDGRadio.
    Thanks again! But i must use an usb supported device, i'm right? http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr
    OT:
    My question is because i would use only one device (astrometa) for dvb-t/t2 and fm. For dvb-t i need the driver, right? If yes, is astrometa driver supported by solo2?
    /OT

Very nice, I see the RDS implementation, however RDS in SDR has another basic feature which is missing and this is PI/callsign.
    It would be nice to add this too, just to make the RDS info complete!
    GlamourAuraFHD skin - The vengeance of color
    For OpenPLI/SDG images:
    https://github.com/MCelliotG/GlamourAuraFHD-skin
    For OpenATV/OE-A images: https://github.com/MCelliotG/GlamourAuraFHD-ATV-skin

Re: RTL-SDR with Enigma2

A short video link of this plugin working near Atlanta, Ga. U.S.A.
    (About 100MB download)

https://mega.nz/#!Cp8CFCCT!ySrNar_Na...aov1Sc4Ex2sB80

Thanks Very Much for the efforts to make enigma2 better! EB

redsea can decode those:

Code:
    Redsea decodes the following basic info from RDS:

Program Identification code (PI)
        Program Service name (PS)
        RadioText (RT)
        Traffic Program (TP) and Traffic Announcement (TA) flags
        Music/Speech (M/S) flag
        Program Type (PTY)
        Alternate Frequencies (AF)
        Clock Time and Date (CT)
        Program Item Number (PIN)
        Enhanced Other Networks (EON) information
    PI included on above list. if the station broadcasts PI info, then we can see it on log.

Most probably it uses the "pi" key in json.

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1

Απ: Re: Απ: RTL-SDR with Enigma2

Quote Originally Posted by dax View Post
    Thanks again! But i must use an usb supported device, i'm right? http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr
    OT:
    My question is because i would use only one device (astrometa) for dvb-t/t2 and fm. For dvb-t i need the driver, right? If yes, is astrometa driver supported by solo2?
    /OT
    Astrometa T2/C works for sure on newer kernel (like Edision) using a small trick. The T part should be working with RTL driver, even on VU+.

You can not use stick for TV and FM at the same time. TV uses kernel drivers, FM uses libusb without kernel drivers.

There is a kernel module in new kernel (again Edision can have it since it follows kernel releases), that uses FM with a kernel module and TV is possible, we might enable it for supported boxes.

PI - Programme Identification: This information consists of a code enabling the receiver to distinguish between countries, areas in which the same programme is transmitted, and the identification of the programme itself. The code is not intended for direct display and is assigned to each individual radio programme, to enable it to be distinguished from all other programmes. One important application of this information would be to enable the receiver to search automatically for an alternative frequency in case of bad reception of the programme to which the receiver is tuned; the criteria for the change-over to the new frequency would be the presence of a better signal having the same Programme Identification code.

http://www.rds.org.uk/2010/Glossary-Of-Terms.htm
    As you can see below we receive PI.

Although I don't find any use ATM on the UI as is high technical term and according to rds.org.uk not intended for direct display.

Code:
    root@osmega:~# rtl_fm -f 88.9M -M fm -l 0 -A std -p 0 -s 171k -g 40 -F 9  - | redsea
    Found 1 device(s):
      0:  astrometadvbt2, dvbt2, SN:

Using device 0: Astrometa DVB-T/DVB-T2
    Found Rafael Micro R828D tuner
    Tuner gain set to 40.20 dB.
    Tuned to 89242000 Hz.
    Oversampling input by: 8x.
    Oversampling output by: 1x.
    Buffer size: 5.99ms
    Exact sample rate is: 1368000.013046 Hz
    Sampling at 1368000 S/s.
    Output at 171000 Hz.
    {"pi":"0x1889"}
    {"group":"0A","is_music":true,"partial_ps":"Hi      ","pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","ta":false,"tp":false}
    {"group":"2A","partial_radiotext":"HiT","pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","tp":false}
    {"group":"0A","is_music":true,"pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","ta":false,"tp":false}
    {"group":"0A","is_music":true,"pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","ta":false,"tp":false}
    {"group":"2A","partial_radiotext":"HiT 88.9","pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","tp":false}
    {"group":"0A","is_music":true,"partial_ps":"      .9","pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","ta":false,"tp":false}
    {"group":"0A","is_music":true,"partial_ps":"Hi      ","pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","ta":false,"tp":false}
    {"group":"0A","is_music":true,"partial_ps":"HiT     ","pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","ta":false,"tp":false}
    {"group":"2A","pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","tp":false}
    {"group":"0A","is_music":true,"partial_ps":"Fe      ","pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","ta":false,"tp":false}
    {"group":"0A","is_music":true,"partial_ps":"Feel    ","pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","ta":false,"tp":false}
    {"group":"0A","is_music":true,"partial_ps":"FeelGo  ","pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","ta":false,"tp":false}
    {"group":"0A","is_music":true,"pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","ps":"FeelGood","ta":false,"tp":false}
    {"pi":"0x1889"}
    {"group":"0A","is_music":true,"partial_ps":"Fe      ","pi":"0x1889","prog_type":"Pop music","ta":false,"tp":false}
    ^CSignal caught, exiting!

User cancel, exiting...
    Signal caught, exiting!
    Do you have more info about PI?

Re: Απ: Re: Απ: RTL-SDR with Enigma2

You can not use stick for TV and FM at the same time. TV uses kernel drivers, FM uses libusb without kernel drivers.
    Ok
    There is a kernel module in new kernel (again Edision can have it since it follows kernel releases), that uses FM with a kernel module and TV is possible, we might enable it for supported boxes.
    Thanks, now is clear also for me!! The driver is 'enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-rtl2832'?

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information