Thread: H264 Decoder not available

H264 Decoder not available

In some video links. only audio available but video is not being shown.
    Error "h264 decoder not available". This error occurs in openpli4.0, Newnigma, dreambox image in dm800. Is any plugin missing. Please guide & help.

Απ: H264 Decoder not available

Is there any sample?

dm800 has old chipset, so it might not be able to handle some newer codec options (e.g. profile 5.0 etc etc).
    Member SatDreamGr Projects

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
    Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Απ: H264 Decoder not available

Quote Originally Posted by athoik View Post
    Is there any sample?

dm800 has old chipset, so it might not be able to handle some newer codec options (e.g. profile 5.0 etc etc).
    But dear I have tried almost all images in my dreambox 800hd. The problem exists in all images except Satdreamgr3.0 image.
    In Satdreamgr3.0 image every video works smoothly without any error. Is there any kind of codec/plugin/driver which is not available with other all images?

Re: H264 Decoder not available

in your first message,you do not refer that those file are working in our image...
    second the satdreamgr images,are based in openpli images,but...
    This error occurs in openpli4.0, Newnigma, dreambox image in dm800
    this,does not exist. there isn't any (official) image openpli 4.0 for dm800,not even openpli 3.0,and (only for dm800) satdreamgr image is a custom build,based in openpli 3.0 (with some patches).
    now...it is impossible to us,to know,what other teams and image builders,are including to their images...in any case,kernel and drivers,are the same.
    ολα ειναι FLU

Quote Originally Posted by georgeflu View Post
    in your first message,you do not refer that those file are working in our image...
    second the satdreamgr images,are based in openpli images,but...

this,does not exist. there isn't any (official) image openpli 4.0 for dm800,not even openpli 3.0,and (only for dm800) satdreamgr image is a custom build,based in openpli 3.0 (with some patches).
    now...it is impossible to us,to know,what other teams and image builders,are including to their images...in any case,kernel and drivers,are the same.
    Dear, following images are checked by me with my genuine dm800 box and the results are:-

1. Dreamboxupdate.com (getting H264 error)
    2. Newnigma2.to (getting H264 error)
    3. Tsimage (getting H264 error)
    4. Openpli 3 & 4 (getting H264 error)

5. Satdreamgr 3.0 is the only image which is rocking and running all iptv links without any error.

dear friend,yes,i understood this.
    i think that you didn't understood what i said...
    officialy there isn't openpli 3.0 and openpli 4.0 for dm800 . they stopped supporting in 2.1
    Code:
    http://openpli.org/download/dreambox/dm800/
    and if you found somewhere them they are custom builds from someone with any addons and missing things.
    our images are based to latest openpli,except dm800 which is patched,modified and builded by our team from general openpli 3.0 tree (somehow by zero point)
    i think the same happens to official dream multimedia,they stopped support for dm800. so if there are missing things to the official image,they will be too in other images which are based in the original (as newnigma )
    as the drivers and the kernel are the same,it looks like they are missing some codecs from their builds. which-what-and how... i thing you have to ask them,to find what is missing in their images,as we are not able to know what they include in their images...
    ολα ειναι FLU

Actually we fix that issue, back in OpenPLi 3.0 days.

See here the original thread: http://forums.openpli.org/topic/2932...i-30-and-h264/

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1

Quote Originally Posted by georgeflu View Post
    dear friend,yes,i understood this.
    i think that you didn't understood what i said...
    officialy there isn't openpli 3.0 and openpli 4.0 for dm800 . they stopped supporting in 2.1
    Code:
    http://openpli.org/download/dreambox/dm800/
    and if you found somewhere them they are custom builds from someone with any addons and missing things.
    our images are based to latest openpli,except dm800 which is patched,modified and builded by our team from general openpli 3.0 tree (somehow by zero point)
    i think the same happens to official dream multimedia,they stopped support for dm800. so if there are missing things to the official image,they will be too in other images which are based in the original (as newnigma )
    as the drivers and the kernel are the same,it looks like they are missing some codecs from their builds. which-what-and how... i thing you have to ask them,to find what is missing in their images,as we are not able to know what they include in their images...
    Thanks dear for detailed reply. I understood your point.

Re: Απ: H264 Decoder not available

Quote Originally Posted by athoik View Post
    Actually we fix that issue, back in OpenPLi 3.0 days.

See here the original thread: http://forums.openpli.org/topic/2932...i-30-and-h264/
    Could your guide please that which codec is causing this error. please provide links for codec to install, if possible.
    Sorry for replying here because I am not a professional and want simple solution by installing any missing plugin/codec via ipk file.

There is a patch required. Patch and explatation is on above thread.

Thread Information