Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to manually add a channel?

Question How to manually add a channel?

Hello all,

Since this afternoon, I have a problem with my DM8000. My setup uses Diseqc with Astra and Hotbird and I cannot access any channels on HB

When I try to check my signal (bargraph), I get an error that it cannot scan.

I don't know if the problem comes from the tuner(s), the diseqc controler or my LNB which points to HB. It is evening and there's a strong fog, so I can't verify by bypassing my diseqc and testing LNBs individually; I'll do that tomorrow when I can see what I'm doing.

In the mean time, I would like to manually add a channel that I normally watch on HB but from Astra. This channel is unfortunately not in my All channels list. I think I have all the necessary information (SID, VPID, Audio, ...) but cannot find a menu option to manually enter my channel.

I saved my configuration using iDreamX and thought I could simply add this channel and import it back but it seems the saved configuration of my favourites shows a reference to the position of the channels from the All channels list and since I don't have that channel there, it seems there isn't much I can do.

Any idea how I could achieve this?

Thank you

Απ: How to manually add a channel?

i was ready to propose you,to use the dreamset program,to add the channel (pid,sid etc) but than i read also that you are using "idream x" (mac).
    but,if you try to scan manually the channel (full frequency) is there a problem? (not from the signal check,but from manual scan).
    which exactly channel you are trying to receive?
    ολα ειναι FLU

Member SatDreamGr Projects

Re: Απ: How to manually add a channel?

Thank you Georgeflu,

I have the exact same error when I try a manual scan. My DM is setup as follows:
    - Cable enters Tuner A
    - Tuner B is setup to loop through Tuner A

In some cases, I get "no tuner available" error. Could it be my DM tuner that has a problem?

I'm trying to receive M6 HD (http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-19.2E_fra.php)

If I need to change my LNB or my Diseqc switch, what good quality brand are recommended (price is not an issue)? My current LNBs are Samsung msde8232ss, not sure about the Diseqc switch. They are 13 years old.

tha basic conection is ok.
    the "no tuner available" ... is strange. it means that you are recording something or you are using timeshift (maybe by mistake?) as you are able to watch the "astra" satellite (this means the tuner is ok)
    in any case,if the problem could be from lnb-diseq- dish, the error would be "no signal" or something simillar.
    what is your receiver? is there any red light,or symbol that may mean record? (in the receiver or in the infobar)?
    ολα ειναι FLU

Re: Απ: How to manually add a channel?

I also thought about a recording taking place on a different channel but no, nothing. No time shift either. I restarted the DM and turned it off completely a few times. No programmed recording was taking place either.

My receiver is a DM-8000 and has been working without any issues for the past 5 years.

I do get "no signal" when I try to switch from Astra to a channel on HB; any channel on HB.

I am currently using a different receiver to watch my program, so I can't test anything more tonight as it uses the same satellite cabling.

Tomorrow, I will try to use Tuner B for my cable input to see if Tuner A could be the issue. If not, I will change my settings to a single Sat and try Astra and HB by connecting directly to the corresponding LNB. I'll see if my HB LNB is working. If it is, it is likely the Diseqc switch or a problem with the tuner diseqc signal.

If I need to change hardware, I would like something of good quality, hence my previous question about good brands of equipment.

Thanks again

since few years ago,i was looking for the "best" equipment. but now many things changed to satellite reception. so i got my "standars" lower and i am using the "best" only in special conditions. so the 90% of the lnb are ok for you,and the only thing that you may be a little more carefull,is the diseq (some of them are incompatible in e2 receivers)
    now about the brands... is not clear,because many things using different names in other countries (copyright reasons) and also in the same brand there are different models.
    ολα ειναι FLU

Quote Originally Posted by georgeflu View Post
    since few years ago,i was looking for the "best" equipment. but now many things changed to satellite reception. so i got my "standars" lower and i am using the "best" only in special conditions. so the 90% of the lnb are ok for you,and the only thing that you may be a little more carefull,is the diseq (some of them are incompatible in e2 receivers)
    now about the brands... is not clear,because many things using different names in other countries (copyright reasons) and also in the same brand there are different models.
    spaun,johanson and emp are some diseq switches that i tried personaly with success.
    ολα ειναι FLU

Απ: Re: Απ: How to manually add a channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc-UK View Post

I do get "no signal" when I try to switch from Astra to a channel on HB; any channel on HB.

I am currently using a different receiver to watch my program, so I can't test anything more tonight as it uses the same satellite cabling.
    did you tried also to receive hotbird with this receiver?
    ολα ειναι FLU

Re: Απ: Re: Απ: How to manually add a channel?

Quote Originally Posted by georgeflu View Post
    did you tried also to receive hotbird with this receiver?
    It is setup with the same diseqc settings but it is a TNTsat receiver which comes and only works with a French TNTsat card and only on Astra.

Now that my program is over, I moved my cable to Tuner B and disabled Tuner A: both Astra and HB worked. I switched it back to Tuner A and the cable connector stayed in my hand (it is one of those screwed connector that I used to build my own cable). Is screwed it back properly and everything started working fine on my Tuner A. I relooped Tuner B to Tuner A and everything seems to be back to normal.

Instead of purchasing a new diseqc or LNB, I'll get some decent cable ;-)

Thanks for your help, I'll keep the brands as a reference; never know if I ever have to replace them.

Cheers,

Marc

Re: How to manually add a channel?

Just found the reason for the problem I had last night. It was not a faulty cable but my son streaming a program from Astra. Therefore, I could not watch HB because I only have a 2 LNB setup and a single receiver.

In normal viewing mode (on the TV), if I record a program on a satellite and open my favourites, the channels from the other satellite are greyed out. In this case (streaming), when I opened my favourites, all channels were "white". Could something be done (with the skin maybe) so the behaviour is the same?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information