Thread: Spinner

Spinner

Dear SatDreamGR,

I've been using your image for a couple of weeks now and ma very happy with it. The GUI is great except for one thing: the spinner looks like it's coming from the early 90's

Box spinner.jpg

I am willing to work on a new spinner which would use the standard theme colours and add transparency but before and I get started, I'd like to be sure it will lead somewhere.

If you are OK with the idea, can you tell me how to proceed?

Regards,

Marc

Απ: Spinner

Please feel free to create a new spinner!

We also like to change existing with a simple, light spinner but we haven't find a good one yet.

If your spinner is really nice and all team members like it we are going to change it asap.
    Member SatDreamGr Projects

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
    Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Spinner

Thank you Athoik

I was thinking of something like this

I would make the GIF transparent and use the same light blue that is used for program title in the Favourites. I need to dig through the xml files to find the right RBG value for this font. In the end, it would have a blue similar to the existing spinner :-)

Spent a few hours working on this and am very disappointed with the GIF result. I would have thought that with only 13 circles, I would not have an issue with the number of colours (256) but no matter how I try to create the GIF, I can't get all the shades in the trailer.

If I use iDreamX to upload the new spinner and deselect [8bit], the animation is using all bitmaps and shades: very nice

Anyway, here are the files. Let me know if you want me to work more on my original one. Eg. I could remove the shadow which could then make it easier to get the proper shading.

I also attach 2 additional ones I found on the Internet; they could be good substitutes:
    - The one with "bars" is similar to mine except the trail is shorter
    - The one with 8 dots is also similar but is not as smooth

I also found another good one: the spinner in OpenWebif when you capture a screenshot is also nice (last image attached below)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

I looked a bit more into this and found my bitmaps have thousands of colours each (likely because of edge dithering). I'll have to change the way I generate them to limit the number of colours.

Since it will take quite some time, please let me know if I should carry on with mine or if you prefer the alternatives which could then be uses as is.

Got it this time

Here are a few spinners in my order of preference. I tried to make them all 85x85 pixels (same as current spinner) and use the same blue that is used elsewhere in the default theme:

Part 1 of 2

Spinner-1.gifSpinner-2.gifSpinner-3.jpgSpinner-4.gifSpinner-5.gif

Edit: I don't know why the third one does not animate. I uploaded it fine

I leave it up to the SatDreamGr team to decide if one of them is suitable to replace the current one. Or we could also cast a vote ;-)

If you want a different size or colour for the winner, let me know and I will change it
    Last edited by Marc-UK; 12-01-15 at 18:55.

Απ: Spinner

I think this one is nice :
    Member SatDreamGr Projects

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
    Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Thread Information