Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Openmultiboot git 115 and Satdreamgr

  1. #1

    Openmultiboot git 115 and Satdreamgr

    Just an observation with openmultiboot and Satdreamgr.

    I've always used openmultiboot with images and kernels stored on a usb stick for testing. For the last few months I've used Satdreamgr in flash and it always recognized the usb stick for quick image reboots.

    After the latest version of Satdreamgr, the openmultiboot usb stick is not recognized anymore and has to be removed in order for the receiver to boot up with the flash image. Tried restoring various back dated versions of backups to the usb stick, just in case it was damaged, but nothing changed. I did the same with two new usb sticks of same size. Also, uninstalled openmultiboot from Satdreamgr in flash, then reinstalled it after a hard boot. But, it would only allow me to install to the hard drive. There used to be an option to use hard drive or usb stick.

    I don't mind having openmultiboot on the hard drive, but a couple of years ago, after an image update in flash, the hard drive was locked out and I lost many recordings. For that reason I chose to always use a usb stick for openmultiboot.

    I did manage to get the openmultiboot usb stick to be recognized by Satdreamgr in flash after a very lengthy process. All is good again, but I am trying to understand if this is an image or openmultiboot plugin problem that should be corrected.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    10,118
    Rep Power
    5927680

    Απ: Openmultiboot git 115 and Satdreamgr

    Hi,

    Do you know if openmultiboot or openmultiboot manager has the issue? Also started with git115?

    Thanks for your report, hopefully with more info we can try to fix it.
    Member SatDreamGr Projects

    Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
    Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

  3. #3

    Re: Openmultiboot git 115 and Satdreamgr

    I don't know which version of openmultiboot has the above posted problem. I do know that prior and current versions of OMB has this problem:

    1-When selecting the flash image from the usb stick OMB plugin menu, upon reboot to flash, while in Satdreamgr, the OMB plugin will only display flash as selectable. No other images are displayed, even though there are many images loaded on the OMB usb stick.
    2-Put receiver in deep standby mode, shut off a/c power, wait about 15 seconds, turn on a/c power. Doing a restart, or retart gui will not rectify this. Has to be a cold boot.
    3-After the receiver boots to Satdreamgr, the OMB plugin menu will display options of all selectable images available.
    4-This has been going on with past and current versions, even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled OMB.

    Here's what I had to do to get Satdreamgr to recognize the locked usb stick:

    1- Could not restore a back dated image of usb stick due to the locked status.
    2- Used Dr.FD to unlock and restore the usb stick to default size.
    3- Used imageUSB 1.2.1002 to restore working OMB image to usb stick.
    4- While in Satdreamgr in flash, installed OMB to internal HD and rebooted. Prior to reboot, I did try inserting the usb stick, but the install process only allowed HD installs.
    5- Installed openatv to OMB on HD.
    6- Rebooted to openatv and restored user settings.
    7- Inserted restored old OMB usb stick and displayed "no usable files found on this disk" error message.
    8- Selected flash reboot from OMB menu.
    9- Error message "missing openmultiboot module, would you like to install?'. Selected Yes.
    10- Deep standby, shut off a/c, waited 15 seconds, booted receiver and OMB menu displays all available images again with Satdreamgr in flash.
    11- Removed the openatv image on the hd which now will not display from the OMB plugin menu.
    12- Used Filezilla to delete all openmultiboot folders from HD.

    At this point I don't know if it was an image or openmultiboot problem that caused the usb stick to be locked. Just glad it happened to the usb stick and not the hard drive. Forgot to mention that I am using a Vu+ Duo2 receiver.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4

    Re: Openmultiboot git 115 and Satdreamgr

    sto dreabox 8000 litoyrgi erotisi

  5. #5

    Re: Openmultiboot git 115 and Satdreamgr


Similar Threads

  1. OpenMultiBoot plugin
    By bezi in forum Tools Vu
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-18, 23:21
  2. openMultiboot στο SatDreamGr Image
    By devilcosta in forum Περί SatDreamGr Images
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 26-06-16, 00:42
  3. Openmultiboot αφαιρεση image
    By th3m1s in forum Περί SatDreamGr Images
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-06-16, 22:48
  4. προβλημα με openmultiboot σε osmini
    By elpan in forum Multiboot Edision
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 24-05-16, 09:50
  5. OpenMultiboot osmini
    By apostolos in forum Multiboot Edision
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23-02-16, 22:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •