Hello everybody,
Has anyone got experience with satipclient ?
I have no success in getting the DVB-C Tuner from my Panasonic TV.
satipclient sees a DVB-S Tuner.
vlc on Windows 10 instead can play the DVB-C channels from the TV.
Printable View
Hello everybody,
Has anyone got experience with satipclient ?
I have no success in getting the DVB-C Tuner from my Panasonic TV.
satipclient sees a DVB-S Tuner.
vlc on Windows 10 instead can play the DVB-C channels from the TV.
Here we go:
This was what the satipclient on my Octagon SF4008 found and saved in /etc/vtuner.conf
I had just to replace DVB-S with DVB-C, restart the SF4008 and then could use the DVB-C Tuner from the Panasonic TV as well.Code:0=desc:Panasonic VIErA,ipaddr:192.168.0.128,tuner_type:DVB-S,uuid:4D454930-0400-1000-8001-B46C479D2E7A,vtuner_type:satip_client
Surprisingly this does not work with DVB-T2 if the TV>IP Server is configured to DVB-T/T2 as source.
If changed to
the satipclient doesn't find any channels.Code:0=desc:Panasonic VIErA,ipaddr:192.168.0.128,tuner_type:DVB-T,uuid:4D454930-0400-1000-8001-B46C479D2E7A,vtuner_type:satip_client
If changed to
orCode:0=desc:Panasonic VIErA,ipaddr:192.168.0.128,tuner_type:DVB-T2,uuid:4D454930-0400-1000-8001-B46C479D2E7A,vtuner_type:satip_client
the satipclient sees a DVB-S server which obviously is wrong.Code:0=desc:Panasonic VIErA,ipaddr:192.168.0.128,tuner_type:DVB-T/T2,uuid:4D454930-0400-1000-8001-B46C479D2E7A,vtuner_type:satip_client
I am wondering if satipclient is able to work with DVB-T or DVB-T2 at all.
Does anybody know more ?
I have found more information about this issue:
https://forums.openpli.org/topic/788...-improvements/
https://cs-forum.eu/viewtopic.php?p=1898#p1898
As far as I can understand the file VTUNER.cpp which is part of the plugin has to be modified with these lines:
Then the plugin has to be build and compiled again. This seems to be dependent from the receiver's onboard CPU.Code:case FE_TYPE_TERRESTRIAL:
strncpy(fe_info.name, "SAT>IP DVB-T VTUNER", sizeof(fe_info.name));
strcpy(fe_type_str,"DVB-T2");
fe_info.type = FE_OFDM;
fe_info.frequency_min=0;
fe_info.frequency_max=863250000;
fe_info.frequency_stepsize=62500;
fe_info.frequency_tolerance=0;
fe_info.notifier_delay=0;
fe_info.caps=(fe_caps_t)(FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO |
FE_CAN_FEC_1_2 | FE_CAN_FEC_2_3 | FE_CAN_FEC_3_4 |
FE_CAN_FEC_5_6 | FE_CAN_FEC_7_8 | FE_CAN_FEC_AUTO |
FE_CAN_QAM_16 | FE_CAN_QAM_64 | FE_CAN_QPSK |
FE_CAN_TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO | FE_CAN_GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO |
FE_CAN_HIERARCHY_AUTO | FE_CAN_RECOVER | FE_CAN_2G_MODULATION);
break;
So what should I have to do in detail on a SF4008 running SDG 8 ?
try once to give in telnet the below command
and rebootCode:opkg install oe-satipclient
than try again to connect.
for a long time i had an edision pingulux ( as minisat ip server) and an edision os mio+ and octagon sf8008 as clients, without problems ,but i can (i could) only test the satellite part, as i do not have any dvb-c source to test...
Well, satipclient is already installed and as I wrote in #2, DVB-C is working as well.
The problem is DVB-T2 which with the current version on the feed is not being recognized so the only way is to update the plugin by recompiling it.
Since I have never done this before I don't know how to start.
Anyway running the command you have told me (suppose you have updated the plugin on the feed) this is the result:
Shall I remove it and reinstall the plugin just as it recommends ?Code:root@sf4008:~# opkg install oe-satipclient
Installing oe-satipclient (1.0+git25+7baa4c7) on root
Downloading http://188.165.252.42/feeds/satdreamgr-8/armv7ahf-neon/oe-satipclient_1.0+git25+7baa4c7-r0_armv7ahf-neon.ipk.
To remove package debris, try `opkg remove oe-satipclient`.
To re-attempt the install, try `opkg install oe-satipclient`.
Collected errors:
* check_data_file_clashes: Package oe-satipclient wants to install file /etc/init.d/satipclient
But that file is already provided by package * satipclient
* check_data_file_clashes: Package oe-satipclient wants to install file /usr/bin/satipclient
But that file is already provided by package * satipclient
root@sf4008:~# root@sf4008:~# opkg install oe-satipclient
* check_data_file_clashes: Package oe-satipclient wants to install file /usr/bin/satipclient
But that file is already provided by package * satipclient
root@sf4008:~#
no, nothing has updated,
but there are 2 different plugins on the feed.
try to remove the plugin from the receiver,(reboot) and than give again the command to download the o.e version... and see the results
Well I did and here are the results:
Code:root@sf4008:~# opkg remove oe-satipclient
Removing oe-satipclient (1.0+git25+7baa4c7) from root...
root@sf4008:~#
Code:root@sf4008:~# opkg install oe-satipclient
Installing oe-satipclient (1.0+git25+7baa4c7) on root
Downloading http://188.165.252.42/feeds/satdreamgr-8/armv7ahf-neon/oe-satipclient_1.0+git25+7baa4c7-r0_armv7ahf-neon.ipk.
To remove package debris, try `opkg remove oe-satipclient`.
To re-attempt the install, try `opkg install oe-satipclient`.
Collected errors:
* check_data_file_clashes: Package oe-satipclient wants to install file /etc/init.d/satipclient
But that file is already provided by package * satipclient
* check_data_file_clashes: Package oe-satipclient wants to install file /usr/bin/satipclient
But that file is already provided by package * satipclient
root@sf4008:~#
After that nothing has been changed. DVB-T2 cannot be scanned since it is seems that it is not defined in VTUNER.cpp
Look how it behaves:
First of all I have activated now the SATIP Server on the TV as Terrestrial and connected to the UHF antenna which is able to receive these frequencies in DVB-T2/HEVC:
https://tvhelfer.de/location/96
https://i.ibb.co/fQ5vQ6R/IMG-20231114-210527.jpg
Changing the vtuner.conf to
after a restart one can see this:Code:0=desc:Panasonic VIErA,ipaddr:192.168.0.128,tuner_type:DVB-T2,uuid:4D454930-0400-1000-8001-B46C479D2E7A,vtuner_type:satip_client
https://i.ibb.co/fSwMb1W/IMG-20231114-204800.jpg
but you cannot scan it since it sees a satellite tuner:
https://i.ibb.co/D8BfLGK/IMG-20231114-204830.jpg
When vtuner.conf is configured to DVB-T instead the virtual Tuner is recognized correctly:
https://i.ibb.co/NnKnnKN/IMG-20231114-205119.jpgCode:0=desc:Panasonic VIErA,ipaddr:192.168.0.128,tuner_type:DVB-T,uuid:4D454930-0400-1000-8001-B46C479D2E7A,vtuner_type:satip_client
https://i.ibb.co/NYRYjkr/IMG-20231114-205254.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/zJS9HZm/IMG-20231114-205420.jpg
but this does not help here since the transmissions are in DVB-T2/HEVC.