Thread: What does Satdreamgr-5-et9x00-20170814 for my ET 9500 receiver?

What does Satdreamgr-5-et9x00-20170814 for my ET 9500 receiver?

Dear friends,

Tonight I registered at your site. The reason being the following: I am busy installing the well-known Octagon SF 4008 4K receiver for a very good friend of mine. I know that if I want to make this receiver able to work with T2-MI signals like they are used by Russia at 40 dergees East one of the things that are necessary is to install the SatDreagGr image for this receiver.

Because it's not mine I of course am most careful and try to find out what happens if I do. I have installed OpenATV 6.0 in it, and of course my first question would be if installing SatDreamGr would change a lot compared to that, anf if there might be things that I would miss after having installed it.

Now to my great surprise I discover on your site that this SatDreamGr image is not only available for the Octagon receiver of my friend, but also for my Xtrend ET 9500 receiver which at this moment runs under OpenATV 6.1 and is therefore missing the AAC-audio option.

Of course I would love to hear that the T2-MI mode would also become available for my own ET 9500 receiver but that probably is unrealistic as I know that non-PLS streams cannot even be received with it. But of course my question now is: what will this image bring me of I flash my ET 9500 with it? Are there any extra possibilities or is it just something that adds the Greek language as an option? Where can I find more details in English or German about this software before I flash it into my ET 9500? Or would it give me no specific advantages to do this?

By forehand many thanks,

Paul.

Απ: What does Satdreamgr-5-et9x00-20170814 for my ET 9500 receiver?

Hi,

Welcome on our forum.

Regarding 40E I guess you mean this one? http://gr.kingofsat.net/pos-40E.php

Most probably you can receive those frequencies using normal tuner, so that means T2-MI should be possible using your ET receiver without multistream tuner (really required for Zeonbud @4.9E).

The ATV is a very popular image, with great support and big community, so you can do your work with ATV as well.

Our image is based on OpenPLi and it tries to closely follow OpenPLi philosophy where image comes with bare minimum pre installed plugins. User can always use feeds to customize image with extra plugins.

Good luck, enjoy your stay.
    Member SatDreamGr Projects

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
    Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: What does Satdreamgr-5-et9x00-20170814 for my ET 9500 receiver?

Dear Athoik,

Thank you very much for your fast reply. With regards to your first question: indeed, I was referring to Ekspress AM7 (C-Band) but merely as an example of T2-MI.

As far as OpenPli is concerned, I once started out with OpenPli but it caused me too many problems. The worst one being that if you fail to protect your settings the right way, any software update immediately destroys your own settings permanently and replaces it with something very main stream that I don't want at all. I never understood why OpenPli think it has the right to mess with one's settings and for that reason I switched over to OpenATV. Also the (German) OpenATV board is much more polite and helpful than the (Dutch) OpenPli forum. I am not so very knowledgeable and therefore I need kind people on a kind board to help me when I ask an ignorant question...

So if I understand it right, your image is in fact OpenPli with some additions that enable the T2-MI Streams standard? Can you tell me where I find further instructions for after I flash it to my ET 9500? I did find the instructions for the Octagon SF4008 4K and to be honest, these sound quite complicated to follow. Is the same or a similar procedure needed to enable the ET9500 or is there an entirely different procedure for this image and receiver required? Can you tell me where I find the details, the instructions that I must follow so I can view T2-MI images with my ET 9500? I am most excited to know that this is possible!! Thank you very much.

PS: just an afterthought: When you wrote: "Most probably you can receive those frequencies using normal tuner, so that means T2-MI should be possible using your ET receiver without multistream tuner (really required for Zeonbud @4.9E)." I hope you don't mean to say that this is possible with the regular OpenATV or OpenPli software because it isn't. I tried installing the Plugin TS-Satellites Editor but that didn't show in the menu. May I assume from your words that after installing SatDreamGr it would become possible to install these Streams with the ET 9500 or is there a misunderstanding between us?

Hi,

You mentioned 40E as an example and I said that 40E should be possible to received without multistream tuner. On the other hand Zeonbud @ 4.9E is multistream T2-MI and requires multistream tuner.

The T2-MI is possible to received on Enigma2 with the help of astra-sm, a program that has T2-MI de-encapsulator. It's not easy task to configure T2-MI, but there are many guides available now, in several forums (just google "t2-mi enigma2"). Others had success and post the required settings.

Soon there will be an "non Enigma2" receiver on the market from Edision that will receive T2-MI (including multistream ones) without any additional configurations. Just with a normal scan. Once I have more details I will post them.

Anyway back to "Enigma2", you are mentioning problems with OpenPLi (and thus assuming that our image has the same problems).

In case you use our image, report any problems, we do our best to solve them or provide help.

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1

Thank you for this information. On the British site where I found instructions how to make the Octagon suitable for T2-MI I found the name SatDreamGr but no further information, that's why I came here (via Google). It's only here that I read about a program named astra-sm, I have never head that name before. Given the fact that apparently there are now 4 different brandnames of receivers that announced a soon to be released T2-MI receiver I think indeed that perhaps I'll be patient rather than go throug a frustrating long and unsuccessful procedure. I am by no means an experienced programmer or IT-man.

The problems with OpenPli were like I said the fact that they didn't respect my settings automatically like OpenATV does, and the fact that some of the people of OpenPli had a rather abrasive attitude towards anyone who said something critical like about this fact. Furthermore as an inexperienced person in this field I had some network problems but those were resolved in other ways so there is no real issue left. Perhaps I will install your software when I have time, but what I miss is an overview of what is to be gained by going from OpenPli to SatDreamGr other than that it offers some extra advantages for people who use the Greek language. Is there anything extra that I as a non-Greek speaker would be able to take advantage of? Is there a site or page that explains in English or German what advantages there would be for me as a Dutch person to switch to SatDreamGr on my ET 9500 receiver?

For T2-MI you can find a guide here: http://www.satdreamgr.com/forum/show...w-to-use-T2-MI

Also another detailed guide here: https://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...-guide.170042/

And several more in russian and other sites.

Images are like opinions, everyone has one! Choose the opinion that you prefer.

Thread Information