Thread: nfiBACKUP by gutemine

Thumbs up nfiBACKUP by gutemine

nfiBACKUP by gutemine

Code:
    Everywhere The Funny when creating backups Dreambox is yes it really is not komplizierze thing, but due to the different boxes with different Flash (block size, size, partitioning) is still rather complicated some of the involved binaries (mkfs.jffs2, mkfs. UBIFS, nanddump, sumtool, build image) with the correct parameter display. Parameters are, however, known and read in various backup shell script or Python code from dFlash. During one can go on the Dreambox as easily with dFlash to the point it is at the Linux PC already difficult and practically impossible to make under Windows on a PC that by hand. Upon unpacking the same, but my patience is because many years ago and torn I made ​​with nfidump a single binary is in principle yes this all the tasks the code and packaged in a single binary. therefore nfidump is for unpacking of Images de-factor standard. Having now made ​​me a current nfidump in PC versions for Linux and Windows, the question I was asked again not whether should make a nfibackup standalone binary all packed up again. In preparation I have all the binaries for Image pack for Linux and Windows built, including the necessary patches and adjustments for Dreambox Images. This time I am but first decided their code NOT in a single binary to merge, if only because that would then generate similar to nfidump only conflicts with the GPL, but I have only what binaries to know how to passing parameters to those needed is packed into a nfibackup binary, which the binaries were then similar to the shell script calls accordingly. ratio: ******************************** nfibackup by gutemine v0.0.2 <<<<< <<<<<<<<<<< backups to image directory to a dreambox image file usage: nfibackup [boxType] <imagedirectory> [image file] supported Dreambox boxtypes: dm800 DM800SE dm800sev2 dm500hdv2 dm500hd dm8000 DM7020HD dm7020hdv2 ******* ************************* nfibackup by gutemine v0.0.2 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< And since it a C program is running without problems on the PC under Linux AND Windows. thus we are sure that there but for all boxes work but it would have to first be tested on all Dreambox, whether the images it created are also right, so upgradeable and fully functional . I would so people need to unpack your boxes in telnet with nfidump Images and nfibackup with the new these boxes again and flashing. If that goes on all Dreambox, I would then make a Linux version for the PC and you could continue to test whether the nfibackup just perfect images produces then drag and drop or telnet on the PC. And when it comes under Linux on a PC I would post you a kit of the same thing can do on a PC under Windows (!) - ie Dreambox Image unpack with nfidump and repacked with nfibackup. BUT that's just a lot of work to the test, and only goes step by step. The advantage for you is then but that can also unpack your PC Images and pack again and the nfibackup the easiest way then because all the logic is in a binary that would allow it own backup to make plugins that would be quite simple in the code and always produce a fully functional backup would because the whole complex would be hidden in the binary. request for feedback if and who wants to do that to the get up and running, but I must warn you, if not a handful of users join in, at least, I do not put myself on this trip of a simple single-click backup tools for the PC (and the Dreambox) to make.
    LG
    gutemine

SatDreamGr

Απ: nfiBACKUP by gutemine

Update: 02/16/2014

nfiBACKUP 0.0.4

Thx @ gutemine

SatDreamGr

Απ: nfiBACKUP by gutemine

Update: 02/16/2014

nfiBACKUP 0.0.5

Thx @ gutemine